I call this minestrone because I used Italian seasonings but it doesn’t contain beans, onions, garlic, or salt — all things I can’t eat. That doesn’t mean it isn’t hearty and delicious though.
Chop the vegetables and prepare the bullion mixture while the meat is sautéing, which cuts down the prep time.
I used what I had in the fridge that needed to be used but there are a lot of options on what you add.
- Set Instant Pot on sauté and add 1 T olive oil (I used Persian Lime EVOO)
- In a small bowl, mix your spices (I don’t measure but about 1/4 tsp of each) —
bay leaves, chopped
hot paprika or cayenne
(NOTE: you can substitute ready-made Italian seasoning blend)
- Place 1/2 pound ground beef in the Instant Pot, sprinkle the herbs on top and stir occasionally until meat is mostly browned
- To the Instant Pot, add
1/2 chopped pepper (green or red pepper; however I used a 1/2 poblano I had leftover that needed to be used)
1 chopped small yellow squash
1 chopped ripe tomato (no need to peel)
1/2 cup sturdy pasta (I used bow tie; you can also use rotelle or corkscrew)
- Mix and add the liquid mixture —
2 cups hot water
1 tsp Better than Bullion roasted beef
1 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T concentrated tomato paste
1/2 cup red wine
- Cover and pressure cook on high for 6 minutes
- Release steam and enjoy!