This is pretty great, even if it doesn’t really resemble real chili. I can take into consideration food allergies and still have a tasty meal. Made in a 3 qt. Instant Pot so if you’re cooking in a larger one, be sure to increase the ingredients.
- One package pork stew meat
- 1 T lime EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Rub for stew meat
- 2 poblano chilis, cored and sliced into 1″ strips
- 2 overripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 pint hot bullion (I use Better Than Bullion)
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 tsp Tabasco
Set the Instant Pot to sauté, add the olive oil. Shake the pork in a plastic bag with all the dry spices. Add to hot pot. Stir and cook until browned nicely on most of the sides, doesn’t need to be cooked through.
Turn off sauté and add the vegetables. Add the dry rice. Stir the tomato paste and the tabasco into the bullion/water mixture and pour over the other ingredients.
Set pressure cooker to 25 minutes on high. When done, it will be a little juicy. When it sits overnight, it will become thicker.